Browse Items (25 total)

  • Tags: Museums

Wantagh, WC021.jpg
View of the old railroad station and the "Jamaica" parlor car. Note: The date c.1884 represents the approximate year in which the railroad station was built. Two copies. (Color)

Stony Brook, SY019.jpg
View of a whaleboat on the grounds of the Suffolk Museum. Printed text on verso provides details about history of the boat, which was left exposed to the elements of Arctic after the U.S.S. Polaris sank there in 1873. (Color)

Stony Brook, SY005.jpg
Exterior front view of the Suffolk Museum. Printed text on verso provides brief details about the museum. (Color)

Southampton, ST023.jpg
Exterior view of the exterior of the Parrish Art Museum. There is a fountain, at right, on the lawn. Message on the front and addressee information on the back, both handwritten. (B&W)

Southampton, ST019.jpg
Interior view of a new addition, looking north, to the Parrish Art Museum. Pictured are a number of sculptures, including two titled “Madonna and Child.” The name “Miss Geffency” is written on the verso. (B&W)

Southampton, ST010.jpg
Exterior view of Henry Austin Clark Jr.’s Long Island Automotive Museum, at Museum Square. Printed text on verso provides brief details about the museum. (Color)

Southampton, ST007.jpg
Exterior view of the Parrish Art Museum. (Hand-Colored)

Sag Harbor, SB023.jpg
View of room in which whaling era relics are on display. Printed text on verso provides brief details about the house and the items on exhibit. Note: Built in 1845, the building was originally the home of Benjamin Huntting, a prominent Sag Harbor…

Sag Harbor, SB022.jpg
View of a room featuring period furniture and a replica kitchen fireplace with the utensils in common use in colonial times. Printed text on verso provides brief details about the room and the house. Note: Built in 1845, the building was originally…

Sag Harbor, SB014.jpg
View of the Sag Harbor Whaling and Historical Museum, as seen from the end of the driveway. A whaleboat is on the lawn, at left. Printed text on the verso provides a brief history of the museum. Note: Built in 1845, the building was originally the…