Browse Items (99 total)
- Tags: Banks
Workers laying water lines on Front Street
Workers laying water lines on Front Street in front of Liberty Hall and an upholstery shop. The Town of Hempstead Town Hall building is seen in the background.
Floyd Weekes Blacksmith Shop draped with bunting
Floyd Weekes Blacksmith Shop, west side of Main Street (between Fulton Avenue and Front Street). the building is draped with flag bunting and a banner with an image of a fireman and the word “Welcome.”
Two policemen and two other men in front of J. Bacigalupo Fruits and Vegetables, on Main Street
Two policemen and two other men in front of J. Bacigalupo Fruits and Vegetables, on Main Street. Also pictured (l-r) are The Vogue Shop, an unidentified building (for sale), and a partial view of a dressmaker’s shop.
Town of Hempstead Town Hall
Town of Hempstead Town Hall, exterior front view. Three men and a dog are standing in front of the main entrance.
David B. Tod Building
Facsimile of a c.1900s photograph of the David B. Tod building (carriage builder), at Main and Centre Streets. Arink & Son wagon in front of the building; two buggies are alongside it. Printed caption reads: “Where R.R. Turntable has been.” (2…
Southeast corner of Front and Greenwich Streets
Facsimile of a c.1900s photograph of the southeast corner of Front and Greenwich Streets. Pictured are the Hempstead Inquirer building and several other buildings.
South Hempstead Fire Department H & L Co. 1 at the Hempstead LIRR station
South Hempstead Fire Department H & L Co. 1 members, standing with fire engine in front of the old Hempstead LIRR station on Fulton Avenue.
L.C. Smith’s Hotel
Exterior view of L.C. Smith’s Hotel on Main Street. A sign at left reads: “L.C. Smith Schaefer Brewing Co. Wiener Beer.” The hotel adjoins the Second National Bank. (2 copies)
Sammis Hotel, on Fulton Avenue, east of Main Street (as seen from diagonally across Fulton Avenue) Note: George Washington stopped at then inn in 1790.
Sammis Hotel, on Fulton Avenue, east of Main Street (as seen from across Fulton Ave.) Note: George Washington stopped at the Inn in 1790. (2 copies, 1 with caption)